Monday, May 20, 2013

Why did I decide to take the Flats and Handwashing Challenge?

  This week I have am participating in the third anual flats challange hosted by Dirty diaper Laundary.I am taking it to prove that I can do it and to show others that its posable to do it. I think the main thing is to show people that have noting to start with that you do not have to go out and buy flast if you can not afford it. You most likely have things all ready that can be used as flats if you look around your home. That you can get things cheap that you can use for flats that you can find where you live . The closest cloth diaper store is at least a hour a way. We are also a one car family right now no running to get this and that. You can use receving blankets, flour sack towels, hand towels, t shirts and in a pich you can go cover less. I guess you could get the gerber plastic pants. If you can crochet or knit you can make your own covers with free patterns of make you own and yep acrylic yarn will work as well if you change often. I do have covers most on line stores sell cheap ones  flips, econobums ect. You can also use pockets as covers too. I think people need information on how to start willth little or no money. I was  in the same boat as alot of people I wanted to cloth diaper but had no money other than for a pack of diapers. I do use pampers at night I figure I can afford one a day. And everyone has different challanges water type and detergant. I use plane old powered tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment