Thursday, May 23, 2013

I failed at the hand washing flat cloth diaper challange hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry. I am sure the fact that I had been washing all her diapers by hand for about a month. I use alot of flats but throw a pocket on here and their. I used a pamper as well I normaly use them at night and yesterday all the kids had a dentist apt. I do not use my regular washer for cloth because people around my house  love fabric softener. I would rather not have to clean the machine. When I handwashed I had the 5 gallon bucket on the bathroom counter. I would pre wash a poop first to get most of it out then add it to the pail. Two rinses was the first thing. I would soak the diapers in hot water adgiate, soak, adgiate, soak. Three rinses were done the same way. I would take covers and wipes out rinse and hang. since they rinse better. Then I would add a tad of method fabric softner to help break up the soap bubbles and it smells so good.  And when the Fed X truck showed up at my door with my panda washer it was all over with you know I had to try it.  I had ordered it because one my washer has no soak on it that is a pain and I did not really use it for cloth too much anywhy. So I took the convent wayout as handwashing can be a pain not that it's hard more time consumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment